New Marske Community Group have various activities and events this month at The Gleneagles Centre, Gleneagles Road…
- Yorkshire Countrywomen meet on Thursday, 4th May, at 7pm, for the AGM and bingo.
- A Table Top Plant Sale is to be held on Saturday, 6th May. Tables will be £5 and it is anticipated that this will be well attended with a lot of plants, shrubs and seeds on sale. Call 01642 483234 to book. All profits to Cancer Research.
- The Friendship Group, run by volunteers dedicated to combating loneliness and social isolation, meet on Tuesday 9th and 23rd May, at 2pm. You will be made most welcome for a chat and to make friends. Join the group for an enjoyable afternoon with bingo, raffle, refreshments and a good natter. Charge to cover overheads is £3.
- The History Group meets on Thursday, 11th May, at 7pm. The speaker is Ernie Crust. Entrance is £2.50, to cover cost and includes refreshments (under 16 free).
- From 11am to 1pm every Wednesday, a U.3.A. German class takes place. Some knowledge of German is an advantage but there is no need to be fluent. Cost is £1 per session but U.3.A. membership is required.
A Trip to York is planned for Thursday, 18th May, leaving Kilbridge Close at 9.30am and setting off back at 4.30pm. Cost is £10. Early booking is recommended as these trips soon fill up. Call the number below or go to the Gleneagles Centre on Tuesday morning.
Summer planting for ‘New Marske In Bloom’ starts in May. If you would like to volunteer to help, please contact the secretary on the number below.
Contact Vera Rider on 01642 483234 for further details of New Marske Community Group’s activities and events.