New Marske Community Group have various activities and events this month at The Gleneagles Centre, Gleneagles Road…
- Yorkshire Countrywomen meet on Thursday, 6th April, at 7pm. Speaker is Maggie Camp on ‘Lancashire Mills in Word and Song’.
- The Friendship Group, run by volunteers dedicated to combating loneliness and social isolation, meet on Tuesday 11th April (Christine Cowl – An Easter Card) and Tuesday, 25th April, at 2pm. You will be made most welcome for a chat and to make friends. Join the group for an enjoyable afternoon with bingo, raffle, refreshments and a good natter. Charge to cover overheads is £3.
- From 11am to 1pm every Wednesday, until March, a U.3.A. German class takes place. Some knowledge of German is an advantage but there is no need to be fluent. Cost is £1 per session but U.3.A. membership is required.
- The History Group meets on Thursday, 13th April, at 7pm. The speaker is Phil Bonville, talking about ‘Art Within The Steel Industry’. Entrance is £2.50, to cover cost and includes refreshments (under 16 free).
- A Grand Easter Bonnet Parade takes place at the Centre on Saturday, 15th April, from 10am to 1pm. Entrance is free and there will be a prize for the best decorated bonnet. There will also be a children’s tombola and refreshments. Proceeds to Cancer Research.
- A Plant Table Top Sale is to be held on Saturday, 6th May. Tables will be £5 and it is anticipated that this will be well attended with a lot of plants, shrubs and seeds on sale. Call 01642 483234 to book. All profits to Cancer Research.
Contact Vera Rider on 01642 483234 for further details of New Marske Community Group’s activities and events.