New Marske Community Group have various activities and events this month at The Gleneagles Centre, Gleneagles Road…
- Tai Chi takes place on Mondays, cost is £1 a session. U.3.A. membership is required (£8 annually).
- The Friendship Group, for people who are on their own for any reason, meet on Tuesday 14th February, at 2pm, with speaker Karen talking about healthy fruit and veg; and Tuesday, 28th February, at 2pm, with speaker Mike Sidgwick, talking about the history of Winkies Castle. You will be made most welcome for a chat and to make friends. Join the group for an enjoyable afternoon with bingo, raffle, refreshments and a good natter.
- Knit and Stitch takes place on Tuesday mornings from 9.30 to 11.30am. There will be quilting, knitting and cross stitch, with tuition if required. Cost is £3, which includes refreshments.
- From 11am to 1pm every Wednesday, until March, a U.3.A. German class takes place. Some knowledge of German is an advantage but there is no need to be fluent. Cost is £1 per session but U.3.A. membership is required.
- The History Group meets on Thursday, 9th February, at 7pm. The speaker is Richard Lewis, talking about “The Welsh on Teesside”. Entrance is £2.50, to cover cost and includes refreshments.
- Bridge is held on Fridays, from 10am to 12 noon. Entrance is £2.50 including refreshments.
A Grand Easter Bonnet Parade takes place at the Centre on Saturday, 15th April, from 10am to 1pm. Entrance is free and there will be a prize for the best decorated bonnet. There will also be a children’s tombola and refreshments.
Contact Vera Rider on 01642 483234 for further details of New Marske Community Group’s activities and events.