New Marske Community Group send thanks to everyone who supported them throughout 2016.
£165 was raised from the Fisherman’s Choir Concert and £100 from the proceeds of the tombola at the Annual Christmas Parade. This has been donated to Macmillan Cancer Care, the Group’s dedicated charity for 2016.
The Community Group have various activities and events this month at The Gleneagles Centre, Gleneagles Road…
- The Friendship Group, for people who are on their own for any reason, meet on Tuesday 10th and 24th January, at 2pm. You will be made most welcome for a chat and to make friends. Join the group for an enjoyable afternoon with bingo, raffle, refreshments and a good natter. Entrance is £3.
- A Quilting Class takes place on Tuesday mornings from 9.30am. Also knitting and a variety of crafts. Cost is £3, which includes refreshments and all the latest gossip.
- Also on Tuesdays, from 11am to 1pm, a German class takes place. Some knowledge of German is an advantage but there is no need to be fluent.
- The History Group meets on Thursday, 12th January, at 7pm. The speaker is Peter Walkley, talking about “A Tale of Three Russian Cities”. Entrance is £2.50, to cover cost and includes refreshments.
- Bridge is held on Fridays, from 10am to 12 noon.
Notable Dates for 2017: 25th January – Burns Night; 28th January – Chinese New Year (The year of the rooster); March – Easter Bonnet Parade and 6th May – Plant Sale Bring and Buy.
Contact Vera on 01642 483234 for further details of New Marske Community Group’s activities and events.