New Marske Community Group have various activities and events at The Gleneagles Centre, Gleneagles Road, New Marske…
– The Friendship Group, for people who are on their own for any reason, meet on Tuesday, 12th January, from 2pm to 4pm. Peter Sotheran will be talking about the Alms Houses. There is also a meeting on 26th January.
– The Neighbourhood Action Partnership (N.A.P.) meet on Thursday, 28th January, at 6pm. Go along and meet your elected members, police and officers and air your concerns about your community.
– Also on Thursday, 14th January, the Local History Group meet. The speaker is Tony Lynn, talking about ‘Growing Up In Guisborough’. Admission is £2.50, including refreshments.
– The Yorkshire Countrywomen meet on the first Thursday of the month, at 7pm, with a speaker and faith supper. Admission is £1.50.
– Carpet Bowls takes place every Monday and Thursday, from 10am to 12 noon and on Fridays from 12 noon to 2pm.
– ‘Quilting’ is held every Tuesday between 9.30am to 11.30am.
If you are interested in forming a poetry group at the Centre, please ring the bookings secretary on 01642 483234. This will be supported by the U3A.